Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A first shot at brewing
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Natron
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Some (possibly) good new info... Reply with quote

Hey!

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I guess I was waiting until I had something mildly exciting to note.

Though I've yet to try it, I had a major revalation about carbonating root beer. (My past batches have been a great learning experience, but I've come to find out that I make the perfect root beer base, only to have it ruined by carbonation every time.) Anyhow, I realized that the best approach is to buy one of those old school soda spritzers and use my rergular root beer base in those.

Basically, these contraptions (more commonly known as "soda siphons" as I'm told) hold a liquid base and then, through the insertion of a cannister of carbon dioxide, carbonate the liquid.

I figure that I can make my regular root beer base, put it through the soda siphon in small batches, and it should turn out to be the best batch I've done yet.

My only fear is that it will actually become over-carbonated, a problem with commercial root beers that often bothers me.

I've already purchased the siphon itself and I'm going to buy some CO2 cannisters later this week. I'll try a batch and let you know how it goes.

I can't believe I didn't think of this siphon thing earlier. I knew they existed; I just forgot that they'd have any practical purpose.

-Tronnie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Home Brewing All times are GMT - 4 Hours
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: