Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creamy Root beers
 Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rblover
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry typing mistake. Smooth is a better word. Creamy for me is a nice soft root beer with foam, not too much, and a short but good after-taste. Not a Rooty taste like a Berghoff.

aruzinsky
Root Beer Connoisseur
Root Beer Connoisseur

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rblover wrote:
Sorry typing mistake. Smooth is a better word. Creamy for me is a nice soft root beer with foam, not too much, and a short but good after-taste. Not a Rooty taste like a Berghoff.

But, A&W has the most vanilla flavoring that I have encountered. It also has a lot of methyl salicylate (wintergreen) which makes the vanilla flavor less distinct.

You can prove this to yourself by adding more vanilla to A&W and barely noticing the difference in taste.

Henry Weinhart root beer has a weaker but more distinct vanilla flavor because the other flavorings are even weaker. You should try it.

plaintomato
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that Weinhard's has a creamy flavor.

Route 66 has a really interesting smooth carbonation...not a head like Weinhard's, and not smooth as in a lot of Root Beers are smooth because they are light on the carbonation, but a strange tickley smooth fizzly sensation (as opposed to a hard sparky canned soda type carbonation).

There are a lot of Root Beers that are smooth due to being light on the carbonation. Just don't let them sit open too long or they will be...um, ultra smooth...like flavored water.

jieran
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Creamy Root beers Reply with quote

I think one of the creamiest right now is Hanks. They have made the switch to cane sugar and all there sodas have improved. Bulldog and Frostop rate at the top of the creamiest root beers also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: