Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Force Carbination failure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
demetry_07
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Force Carbination failure Reply with quote

I am new to force carbonation. I have been carbonating in bottles for years with out an issue. I picked up a corny keg, a Co2 bottle with regulator, and a hose with a party tap to dispense. I Mix up my brew from extract then hook it up to my corny set at 35 psi for 4 days. I don't really splash it around to much. Then turn it down to 5 psi to dispense. I Hook it up to the party tap and all that comes out is foam. Once the foam is gone the brew is not carbonated.

Can anyone tell me where I may be going wrong or what I can do to finally force carbonate my brew?

Thanks for reading and helping a newbie out!

Swagger
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Force Carbination failure Reply with quote

20-30 PSI is appropriate to carbonate and must remain at this pressure during serving. When you decrease the pressure, the CO2 comes out of solution. Since the pressure is so high, you must have long lengths of beer line to add resistance before reaching the tap. Temperature change from the keg to the tap can also cause a lot of foam. Ensure your tower is insulated and install a fan to force the cold air into it. There are also mixer nozzles that you can install in your OUT tube as shown here at my blog Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! You have to wait at least a week for the CO2 to carbonate your brew if your are not going to roll it around on the floor to speed things up which I recommend. I have found that 20 PSI is best for carbonating/serving. Ensure your brew is chilled to serving temp before force carbonating since cooler temp will allow more CO2 absorption.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Home Brewing All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: