Extract - 5 to 7 ounces
Sparkling Foam - 1 to 3 ounces
Sugar - approx. 7.7 Lb.
Water - 7 gallon 17 oz.
A. Shelf life
1. 90 Days - Using clean techniques, boiled sugar solution, cold storage.
2. If spoilage is occurring before 90 days, consider a preservative, we
1. Cane Sugar displaces 9.6 oz. of water per pound.
2. Boiling sugar will insure killing bacteria that maybe in the sugar.
3. Typical Brix is 11 to 14.
C. All uses of flavoring extract, and sparkling foam, is to the taste of
(boiling preferred) all the sugar into 5 gallons of water.
Add Flavoring Extract and Sparkling Foam as desired.
Q/S (Quantity Sufficient) - Top off to recommended volume.
Carbonate to 3.0 to 3.5 gas volumes
Apply pressure to keg
Pros and Cons
- all made at once
- Cannot use carbonated water (from grundy)
- If you run out, you have to make full batch.