Extract - 5 to 7 ounces
Sparkling Foam - 1 to 3 ounces
Sugar - approx. 7.7 Lb.
Water - enough to have a volume of 1.27 gallons.
A. Shelf life
1. 90 Days - Using clean techniques, boiled sugar solution, cold storage.
2. If spoilage is occurring before 90 days, consider a preservative, we
1. Cane Sugar displaces 9.6 oz. of water per pound.
2. Boiling sugar will insure killing bacteria that may be in the sugar.
3. Typical Brix is 11 to 14.
C. All uses of flavoring extract, and sparkling foam, is to the taste of
|Dissolve well or boil,
all the sugar into 1/2 gallon of water.
Add Flavoring Extract and Sparkling Foam as desired.
Q/S to 1.27 gal.
1. Carbonate to 3.0 to 3.5 gas volumes
a. Apply pressure to keg
b. Mix syrup with carbonated water
1. Pro - can limit number of Root Beer Kegs and keep supply of syrup ready
for instant root beer.
2. Pro - Can use carbonated water (from grundy)