Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RootJack Introduction
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RootJack
Root Beer Fantasizer
Root Beer Fantasizer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

Howdy everyone. I have submitted our new Root Beer product to the site a few days back, but to be honest, with all the excitement of putting something we think is unique and original out there in the Root Beer world after a year and half working on the formula as well as other business aspects, I can barely contain myself.

As our drink is pirate themed, please bare with me as I properly introduce it in my best piratey fashion...

'Tis me pleasure to present to all ye scallywags, lubbers, lads & lasses, bilge rats, deck hands, wenches, buccanneers, sea dogs an' honorable pirate cap'n's our latest concoction known as Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!! I know this here be an abrupt introduction, but the brew be complete an' I would waste no time presentin' a drink what fights off the scurge known as scurvy.

That's right. Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! has yer full daily dose of Vitamin C! Plus it's tasty to boot. Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! be a Root Beer with a hint O'Orange flavor an' Vanilla, and enough of a kick to knock the barnacles off yer keel. We call it "The Pirate Energy Drink", an' any crew under the fair wind O'this brew would be hard to put down.

We nary hit ev'ry port yet. We've got just the one ship and a small crew, but Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! would be sailin' yer way soon as we catch wind. In the mean time, check out our Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!. We'll be addin' new markets there as we find 'em. Yarrr.

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

Soda-MN-Good
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy there, I think you might have swam a bit to far into the deep end.

Regardless, what makes this an energy drink?

How much blarney are you asking for this treasure?

Can you send it to me in a treasure chest?

How do you think your brew will fend off every other pirate themed root beer such as Sea Dog, Captain Eli's, Pirate's keg, or the infamous Jack Blacks Dead Red root beer?

RootJack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

Good questions.

We call it an "energy drink" so that people understand this is not simply a root beer. The drink contains your full daily dose of Vitamin C which not only helps keep scurvy away, it also helps your body build bones and ligaments, helps lower your blood pressure and provides antioxidants to protect your body. RootJack also contains Guarana for flavor and additional energy kick, plus an amount of caffeine similar to most energy drinks on the market at 10mg per ounce.

RootJack typically retails for $2 a bottle, which is similar or less than the cost of most "energy drinks". It is up to the retailer what they want to charge however. We get it to them at a price that is very reasonable.

Currently we do not ship directly to the consumer. However we are finalizing a deal with an online retailer and RootJack will soon be available online in 4 packs.

Of course, it looks like you are from Minnesota, which is funny because the drink is actually manufactured in Minnesota at a facility that can handle the tunnel pasteurization process we require to make the product preservative free. Currently there are no Minnesota based RootJack retailers as we are located in Indiana; but we are working on it.

I'm sure all those pirate themed root beers have their merits, and to be honest I've never tried any of them. What I can tell you is that we took a year and a half getting the flavor of RootJack just right. The key defining difference between RootJack and every other root beer in existence (besides all the caffeine and Vitamin C) is the orange flavor. I have yet to find a single root beer in history that added orange. The fact that RootJack fights scurvy with all that Vitamin C is what made it a Pirate drink in our mind.

As a kid, mixing orange and root beer was just awesome; and now here is RootJack that embodies all of those fond memories from my childhood.

I hope you have a chance to try RootJack when it comes to your area. In my cafe (I also currently own a CyberCafe) it has been very popular. In a little over 2 weeks I have sold approximately 11 cases,which is great for my little place in this economy. People try 1 bottle and walk out with 4. RootJack is great icy cold, it is great with ice cream and it is great with a little bit of Rum. Yarrr!

ArtShapiro
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

I'd prefer to bear with you rather than to bare with you - OK?! Smile

You've got a curious concept there; I'm not certain I'd want to be carrying a root beer at times when I use energy drinks - typically pounding out the steep climbs with my bicycle club. But if it tastes good...

Any chance of working a deal with the big BevMo chain? That's the principal source of gourmet root beers here in California, although some of the grocery chains have some acceptable brands such as Thomas Kemper.

Good luck in your venture.

Art

RootJack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

ArtShapiro wrote:
...Any chance of working a deal with the big BevMo chain? That's the principal source of gourmet root beers here in California, although some of the grocery chains have some acceptable brands such as Thomas Kemper.

I'm not familiar with them, but if anyone has a contact at Bevmo, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

RootJack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

Ahoy mateys!

RootJack's received a fine review over at BilgeMunky.com Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting! Orange flavored with guarana? I have some friends in Mexico, IN, so I'll ask them to bring some the next time they visit.

Oh...I'll add it to the database over the weekend.

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

RootJack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

Awesome. I hope you like it. Let me know if you have any questions for the database.

ArtShapiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

RootJack wrote:
Ahoy mateys!

RootJack's received a fine review over at BilgeMunky.com Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

It's a bad URL - "monkey" is misspelled in the url clause.

Art

RootJack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

ArtShapiro wrote:
RootJack wrote:
Ahoy mateys!

It's a bad URL - "monkey" is misspelled in the url clause.

Art

Actually the URL is correct. He spells it "munky".

ArtShapiro

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

RootJack wrote:
Actually the URL is correct. He spells it "munky".

Sorry! I got a 404 error when I clicked on it and posted the "correction", and now it is working fine. Can't win 'em all!

Art

RootJack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

Yarrr! We be in the database me hearties! Thanks for addin' us.

RootJack

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: RootJack Introduction Reply with quote

Ahoy! We have us another quality review over at edjunkie.com!
Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

anthony
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, you guys sure are busy promoting this stuff. i got some so will have a review up in time. although my reviews are backed up until next march so i guess i will have to re-order them for this one to appear soon... we shall see.

RootJack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
wow, you guys sure are busy promoting this stuff. i got some so will have a review up in time. although my reviews are backed up until next march so i guess i will have to re-order them for this one to appear soon... we shall see.

I check your site every day hoping for the review. I am giddy with anticipation!

Of course I now see that you don't like caffeine in Root beer, which is something RootJack has quite a bit of. Even with it, we worked for over a year on the flavor... which is unique and delicious. Hopefully this will help you get past all the caffeine. Wink

I think we sent you enough you could even try RootJack with ice cream. Mmmm, orange + rootbeer + icecream = yummy. Behold the power of the Dead Pirates Float!

I'm really not trying to influence your decision. This is just my marketing hype to help RootJack take over the world. Yarrr!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours
 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Page 1 of 3

Jump to: