Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sundaes Best: The history of the Soda Fountain

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soda-MN-Good
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Sundaes Best: The history of the Soda Fountain Reply with quote

There's an ad that scrolls this screen from Amazon for a book called Sundae's Best.

I highly recommend not wasting your money on this one. I couldn't finish it as the author drags out every little scrap of info they can, and then adds more just to make sure you get annoyed.

Case in point, at some point in the book it takes the time to list some ingredients and flavors used for sodas. This wouldn't be so bad as a bulleted list, but instead it's a full page of coma seperated flavors.

There's other parts in the book that list patent numbers for some sort of items, and goes on for a full paragraph listing all the patent numbers used...I think it's pretty safe to say, no one cares.

Usually one would say there must have been something good about the book that I'm sitting here a year later typing about it.

Sorry, not in this case, the book left me so turned off I still to this day can't fathom why so much "information" was shoved into a book. I would have been better off reading the index because that's how it felt like it was laid out.

D-, would be an F, but I read more than 10 pages. So something caught my interest. That, or I was trying to read through all the details to find something interesting.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch... The ads are displayed based on the key phrase "root beer", but I'll see if it can be removed.

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: