Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pilgrimage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arcticpenguin
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Pilgrimage Reply with quote

I like Rollie's root beer (Paper City Brewery, Holyoke, MA), but it's not available where I live. As it happens, I will be passing through western MA soon, so I thought i might buy some. Then I had an even better idea: I'll drop in and tour the brewery.

Has anyone else done brewery tours?

arcticpenguin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Pilgrimage Reply with quote

Well that didn't go as I planned.

I followed the MapQuest directions, but had a lot of trouble locating the brewery at 108 Cabot St. in Holyoke. I overshot by a couple blocks, then walked and drove around a bit. None of the locals I asked knew there was a brewery nearby, let alone were able to direct me to it. Finally, on foot I noticed a sign visible from one direction only on the side of one of the old brick warehouses with all the appearance of abandonment. At the loading dock, a man in a Paper City Brewery truck gave me some info before he left. A woman who handles distribution was on the third floor, and Ken, the brewmaster, was on the 5th floor. That seemed to be the entire staff on hand.

I went up to the 5th floor and hollered a while before Ken heard me. He said there was some sort of tour/reception that evening, but as I had several hours of driving ahead of me, that was not an option. I guess the web site is incorrect when it says:
Quote:

Tours available:
Mon - Fri, 9 AM to 5 PM or by appointment.

Ken sold me two cases of Rollie's and I left.

BTW, the Paper City Brewery web site doesn't even mention Rollie's, only their alcoholic products.

arcticpenguin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, the Rollies label says Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!, but comparison with the Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! site reveals they share the same address, phone and fax.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right...if you look on the Mt. Tom site, there is a reference / link to Paper City Brewery.

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: