Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Root Beer barrels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBInd
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Root Beer barrels Reply with quote

A while back, someone was looking for a root beer barrel. I saw one today in an antique mall about 20 miles west of Ft Wayne, Indiana. It is at Countryside Antiques, 8049 US 30 West, Larwill, Indiana. Phone is (260) 327-3050. It is about 24 inches high and 15 inches in diameter. There are no markings that I could find. The outside is in pretty good shape but there is some corrosion inside. They were asking $350. It was in booth 114 or 144, I don't remember.
Booth 27 also had a lot of root beer stuff. They had a Richardson's rootbeer megaphone, a Richardson's barrel shaped mug with lots of chips out of the bottom, a Richardson's can (like a gallon paint can), a Dad's thermometer sign, a Dad's cardboard box, an Old Dutch root beer blackboard. and a Tower Beverage root beer sign. Booth 12 had a Mason's root beer thermometer. I think most of the prices were outrageous, but price is relavent. If you want it, the price might be right. Anyhow, you can usually get some discount at an antique mall.

kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this - someone might find it helpful.

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

muffy
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 32" high, 22" diameter Richardson Rootbeer Barrel, complete with tap and lid. I have seen smaller ones but can't find anyone who knows much about this large one. Any info out there?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Collectibles All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: