Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Awesome Find in OLD GARAGE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drake
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Awesome Find in OLD GARAGE Reply with quote

I was doing some side work for the cash and the job was to get this old falling down garage completely torn down. I was told that the garage had an attic and that anything up there was mine for the taking. Well mostly just garbage until I found what appeared to be a really old wooden crate. Let me tell you the attic to this garage was so dirty it was hard to tell what anything was even with a flashlight. I think the garage had like a wood buring stove because everything was covered with ash and soot. Anyways, back to the crate......inside this crate was 5 bottles (empty). After cleaning them up with some soap and water all the bottle came out looking like BRAND NEW. No chips, no nothing. They are called SKY HIGH root beer. There is a picture of them here on the site under "Brands". They were in their original crate that is marked "Diamond Bottling Works" Milwaukee, Wi. Unfortunately the crate originally held 6 bottles and 1 is forever missing. I have not been able to find out any information on the company "Diamond Bottling Works". I live near the Milwaukee area and I know many people that have lived there for their entire life. No one has ever heard of them. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THE COMPANY OR THE VALUE OF THE BOTTLES WITH THE ORIGINAL CRATE?

Thanks in advance and sorry for being so long winded.
Drake
Twisted Evil

rrecht
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Awesome Find in OLD GARAGE Reply with quote

Hi, looks like you posted this about the Skyhigh bottles a long time ago but:

My Grandfather was Sydney Siegel, the owner and operator of Skyhigh Beverages in Milwaukee Wisconsin in approximately the 40s and 50s. I am trying to find any existing information or artifacts which might exist.

Did you ever find more info on those bottles? Are you interested in selling them?

Thanks very much!!!!

Robert Recht

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Collectibles All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: