Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sources for extracts and oils

View previous topic :: View next topic  
realiter
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Sources for extracts and oils Reply with quote

Hello Brewers! I am very green and still wet behind the ears. In my research i have not been able to find a good comprehensive sight to get all the various natural extracts and oils to make homemade root beer. your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also if you can buy direct from the manufacturer that would be great to rather than a reseller of products.

aruzinsky
Root Beer Connoisseur
Root Beer Connoisseur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Sources for extracts and oils Reply with quote

Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!

Lorann is the only source that I know of that sells essential oils intentionally for food.

Once I bought essential oil advertised as "FCC" (food grade) from

but, when I got it, it said "not for internal use" instead of "FCC" on the label. I filed a complaint with the BBB, but never got satisfaction. So beware of immoral business practices among essential oil retailers.

Swagger
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Sources for extracts and oils Reply with quote

Monterey Bay Spice Company has a good selection of everything you need to brew and great prices. Check out their sassafras prices!

aruzinsky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Sources for extracts and oils Reply with quote

Swagger wrote:
Monterey Bay Spice Company has a good selection of everything you need to brew and great prices. Check out their sassafras prices!

The OP wanted essential oils and this company is not selling many, if any, essential oils for food use. Most of their descriptions say "For more information on how to use essential oils please read our article: Aromatherapy Basics for Using Pure Essential Oils."

Swagger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Sources for extracts and oils Reply with quote

True...but nothing good is safe for use in food according to the FDA. What are you looking for (flavors) anyways?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Home Brewing All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: