Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organic Root Beers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheHappyRoot
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Organic Root Beers? Reply with quote

What are people's thoughts on organic root beer? I've tried a few now (Blue Sky Organic, Santa Cruz Organic), but have been disappointed in every case. I hear Maine Root is pretty popular, but I haven't seen it anywhere local (I'm in Minnesota) and it seems too expensive on their website. So I'm curious if others have found an good organic root beer, or if anyone has any thoughts as to why organic root beers seem to struggle so much.

centaura
Root Beer Fantasizer
Root Beer Fantasizer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Organic Root Beers? Reply with quote

I have not sampled the ones that you've referenced, but I do share your feelings about organic rootbeers. I have yet to try one that really impressed me. And whatever you do - avoid Green Tea Soda's Root Beer - that is the worst liquid in a bottle that I have ever tried. And I don't know why - I know that a lot of the ingredients that make some tasty rootbeers out there are available as organics. My only guess is their attempt to live up to their organic name by making them tasty more herby.

If you're near the Cities - Byerly's generally has a few good rootbeers in their pop isle. They're not organic, but who can deny the creamy smoothness of a Henry Weinhards?

-Centaura

anthony
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i try to eat as much organic foods as possible and can definitely recommend Maine Root as the best of the organic sodas. the others seem to be made by companies that are more focused on the juice side of things i have found. so they often contain grape sweeteners or the like which makes them taste different. not necessarily bad, but not the traditional root beer flavor by far. it is a shame there are not more organic brews out there.

Laughingcenter
Root Beer Fantasizer
Root Beer Fantasizer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Organic Root Beers? Reply with quote

the only one I recall trying is Blue Sky, which, I belive the whole line of their sodas are made by someone who can't taste sugar, because they are the most overly sweetened drinks I've ever tasted. There's another brand at the local natural foods shop, if I get over there sometime soon I'll pick one up.

steel
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive tried home brew organic rootbeer, mighty tastee, but did'nt really taste like rootbeer to many other spices.

rblover
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried an organic Root beer called Maine root. It is a bit better then the Green Tea Soda and it also tastes a bit like Virgil's.

christian_cyclist
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Organic Root Beers? Reply with quote

My local Cost Plus is selling some Maine's organic root beer. I thought it was OK but the flavor is not as full and rich as Virgil's or Bulldog's. While not bad, I didn't think it was all that great. It was interesting to see that they claim to use "fair trade" ingredients.

-- Boris

Soda-MN-Good
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In MN you can get Maine Root in the organic section of Rainbow Foods

rblover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Moon is ok, i thought it was a bit sweet because i don't drink sweet Root beers.

Jon
Root Beer Brand Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Organic Root Beers? Reply with quote

There's a natural root beer called Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!. It's a diet drink, made with Stevia as the sweetener. Never had it, though. I'm not much into diet root beers.

Soda-MN-Good

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem i saw with Zevia is the price. It's in cans, which is a turn off to start with and if i remember right, on their site it's $24 for a case of 24.

That doesn't include shipping..

However, bonus for them, they are temporarily offering samples if you just pay for shipping.

Jon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Organic Root Beers? Reply with quote

According to the website, Zevia is available around Minnesota. I agree, though, that the cans are a turnoff. And if you do want to get it at a store, be sure to call the store to verify that they do indeed sell it. I went to a couple of stores in the Chicago area and they didn't have it, even though the website said they did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: