Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No carbonization in drink

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MageRootBeer
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: No carbonization in drink Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it's related to Root Beer, but I have question about the kegs that was filled with Orange Cream flavor syrup. I didn't brew/carbonization it myself, but my friend claimed he followed the instruction; pressurized keg at 40 PSI for the first day, and lowered it to 20 PSI for the 2nd day. After 2 days of carbonization, it came out horrible. It didn't fizzed and the taste was bad, more of bitter and stronger flavor. He claimed it would taste better if it was carbonization. I would like to know what is the possibility of it coming out like that? I'm currently trying to "fix it" by recarbonization it. I'm on my 2nd day now and will try it after it is done.

crazylawnguy
Root Beer Follower
Root Beer Follower

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did the soda taste o.k before you tried carbonating it?
it takes 2 cups sugar per gallon

to carbonate you want the keg cold as possible.

then hook up youre co2 you have to shake the heck out of the keg while for a few minutes while co2 is being added let sit few hours it should be carbonated.

if the soda taste good before you carb.and you know you have the right amount of sugar and it taste bad you proply dont have food grade co2

p.s i carbonate through the exit line forces co2 throug liquid.(you just need a adapter for co2 line)

MageRootBeer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: No carbonization in drink Reply with quote

I didn't brew/carbonate it the first time. I took over and started all over again. It turns out better. I tasted and it's better. I'm not sure if my friend didn't bleed the air out (to let all of the oxygen out while filling with CO2), which I have done. I also shake the heck out of it for a few minutes. I'll try the exit line next time.

Where can I find the food grade CO2? What's the difference?

crazylawnguy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: No carbonization in drink Reply with quote

yah i think i forgot to tell you to bleed the air out.

youre propane and welding gas stores will have the co2 tell them you want it for beer.

if you like cherry soda carbonate a batch of black cherry kool aid.good as any store bought.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Home Brewing All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: