Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connect 4 competition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazAkehurst
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:54 am    Post subject: Connect 4 competition Reply with quote

Yesterday afternoon
-----------------------------------------
175 days ago myself and my mate, Reid, started a competition, a Connect 4© competition. A first-to-100 game between myself and him. The first person to win 100 games was declared the winner. The loser must then drink a can (330ml) of Idris Fiery Ginger Beer. However, my mum got sick of the can just acting as an ornament and threw it away. We then upped the stakes to the loser must drink a pint of Barton’s Ginger Ale. The ginger ale has been on our patio for about 4 months and before that, it was in our conservatory for around 6 months. We're pretty sure the drink is out of date. Not only that but the bottle has red bits settled on the bottom and white things floating around in it that look like worms.

If you chat to Reid on MSN, you may have seen news of this competition in his name, now it has all been explained. The current score is as follows: Baz 7599 Reid. Tonight could be the night to end the competition. If Reid beats me at Connect 4© tonight, I will drink one pint of Barton’s Ginger Ale.

It is more than likely that my brother, Mike, will film me drinking the drink so keep yours eyes peeled.

Hopefully, I can win 25 games in a row and win, if this oddity occurs, keep your eyes peeled for a video of him drinking the terrible drink.

I’ve had ginger beer/ale before but Reid hasn’t. I don’t think Reid will taste it too soon either. Sad All I can say on the matter on ginger beer/ale is “It burns!” as it does indeed burn.

Yesterday evening
-----------------------------------------
I lost. Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login!.

If you can't understand everything we say, here are some subtitles:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Baz: I can’t open it, hehe, deal’s off. I can’t open it. No, it won’t open, it’s stuck.

Reid: Do you want me batter you?

Baz: It really is.

Mike: Haha.

Baz: It’s still fizzy, that’s a good sign, that’s a good sign.

Baz: It’s got mud on bottom. What was that beeping? Is this filming?

Mike: Uh-hmm.

Baz: I can smell it. Aww-uh-aw, where’s the pint line?

Reid: Keep going

Baz: Right then, is that it?

Reid: No.

Baz: How about that? Hmm, I’ll stop now.

Mike: No. No.

Baz: That’s it.

Mike: No.

Baz: There’s not enough in bottle. That’s more than a pint, that. That’s more than a pint.

Reid: Ha.

Baz: I don’t think I got any of the worms.

Mike: It looks well nice.

Baz: Awww, I can’t do it. Are you ready? Give us a peg. Ready? I’m going in! Haha.

Mike: Ha.

Reid: You didn’t even have any!

Baz: This is it, don’t get scared now. Are you ready? I could die. If I’m dead tomorrow, we’ve got it on film, send it to that Bumfights: A Video Too Far, say we copied them. It stinks, I can’t.

Mike: You have to.

Baz: It really does burn. It burns. I can’t believe I’m doing it.

Reid: I can’t believe you’re watching yourself in the mirror while you’re drinking it.

Baz: Awesome. Pardon me. If you’re watching this nan, I’m sorry.

Mike: Hehe.

Baz: Aww, it’s got the red bits in the bottom! It’s got the red bits in the bottom, I can’t drink that bit.

Mike: You have to drink it all.

Baz: I was almost sick then.

Mike: Top banana.

Baz: It’s horrible. Do you want the rest?

Reid: No.

Baz: I’ve not even drank half a pint.

Reid: You’ve not had no worms yet either.

Mike: The batteries are gonna run out in a minute.

Reid: Hurry up.

Baz: I bet triple-W (WWW)’ll like this. Ay?

Reid: If you don’t finish it and the batteries run out-

Mike: You have to get another pint!

Reid: So you can start again.

Baz: Er, awful.

Mike: I bet you couldn’t drink all that in one.

Baz: I know. I’m past the half pint! I bet you can’ even see it cos it’s rubbish. Where’d we get this glass from? The Wigan beer festival.

Mike: Hello. Haha.

Baz: You meant be videoing me, not Oscar the Grouch.

Reid: When did you get these new lights in the kitchen?

Mike: Haha haha, about twelve months ago.

Reid: No way.

Mike: Yeah, when we got the wallpaper.

Baz: Is the camera even on me?

Reid: Liars.

Mike: No.

Baz: Aww, it’s stinging. I think I got one of them red bits on my face. They’re dangerous, them.

Mike: Hehe.

Reid: I hope they bite you.

Mike: Err, look at them!

Reid: Hehe, it’s made him drool.

Baz: It tastes stronger at the bottom. It burns.

Reid: This is gonna be, like, four minutes long.

Mike: It’s not as exciting as I would’ve thought. Man, all the bits are sliding down.

Baz: My stomach’s burning. I don’t have drink them red bits, do I?

Reid: Yes.

Mike: Yep.

Reid: It’s the whole glass.

Baz: New batteries. I’m gonna be sick.

Mike: Nice one.

Baz: Aw, I’ve just got the smell back. I stopped drinking for, like, four minutes cos we had to copy and paste it to computer. Can I hold my nose? No. Some’s come out.

Mike: Sips, Baz, sips.

Baz: I’m just sloshing it down now, slosh it down.

Mike: Haha. You have to drink it, Baz, not pour it down yourself.

Baz: It’s going down. Don’t drink ginger ale. It stings. And burns.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think. Very Happy

BazAkehurst

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Connect 4 competition Reply with quote

Sucks that the video doesn't work anymore. Anyone got it saved?
Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: