Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news

Root Beer World - root beer history, brands, recipes, news
A World of Root Beer Resources

In Association with Amazon.com

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Root Beer World: Forums

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new brands

View previous topic :: View next topic  
centaura
Root Beer Fantasizer
Root Beer Fantasizer

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: new brands Reply with quote

Well, went through my bottles and found a couple that you didn't have in your brands list.

Glewwe's Castle Brewery - really obscure, a local guy makes this one and sells it only on Sat. mornings in a tiny farmer's market south of Minneapolis.

Journey has a new bottle for its Sassafras Root Beer - not sure if its the same soda with a new label - but they have dropped the Shenandoah.

Kangaroo Jack's

Milly's Custom Brewed Root Beer

Old Fashioned Root Beer - not the one you have listed, this one is by the Central Coast Brewing in San Luis Obispo, CA

Question before I organize a photo shoot - several of the bottles that I have have different labels that the ones pictured, or in the case of two, I also have a larger sized bottle. There are also a couple of ones where you have just a logo, and no photo of a bottle. As I'm new to the site, is the goal of the Brands list to just list the names? Or would you be interested in addition photos for brands already listed?

-Centaura

Last edited by centaura on Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
kguske
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely we would be very interested in additional photos for brands already listed, especially if we do not currently have a logo / photo. We prefer to give credit to those who contribute, unless you prefer not to have your name listed as a contributor for those brands.

So heres a tribute toast with root beer in hand to you and the many mugs of suds along your happy trails. --Charles Wysocki, artist and root beer fan, 1928-2002

kguske

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. If you can take a digital picture of the can, I'd be happy to post it here with the brand info. Just register and I'll send you a private message with an email address so you can send it. THANKS!

centaura

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: new brands Reply with quote

Re: Bill

Doesn't sound familiar. I once knew an IA stagehand in Milwaukee named Bill, but I don't think I know a Bill here in the Cities.

Re: photos

Well, finally got the roll of film developed that had the bottles. Have scanned them in and I'm going to try to find the link where to send the info to. Seventeen photos with 20 bottles shown.

-Centaura

JoeO
Root Beer Fan
Root Beer Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: new brands Reply with quote

Ok, I know this thread is old, but since I live in Minneapolis, Centaura, (or anyone else), where is the small farmer's market south of town where you're getting Glewwe's Castle Brewery Root Beer? Now that I'd like to try.

Are the others - Milly's Custom Brewed Root Beer and Old Fashioned Root Beer - by the Central Coast Brewing in San Luis Obispo, CA available around here - or Kangaroo Jack's, for that matter......

Joe

centaura

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: new brands Reply with quote

Oh, its going to take me a bit to remember where that farmer's market is. The rest of them I got on my travels around the country, the San Louis Obipso is from a small brewery in CA, the only place to get it, I believe. The Kangaroo Jack's I got at a peach market in GA. Byerly's has a nice collection of different bottles in the cities, usually had 5 or 6 different brands, and I'll have to try to remember where that market was. It was south of Burnsville, and tiny - only about a dozen booths in a parking lot on Sat. morning. My bottles are currently packed, but when I get them unpacked I shall try to get you more information on its location.

-Centaura

Soda-MN-Good
Root Beer Freak
Root Beer Freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Bob's aka Slammer root beer is only available at Galaxy Pizza in Uptown Minneapolis. The company is for sale if you'd like to own your own root beer company and matching '73 Volkswagen Bug.

As far as I know, once Galaxy pizza is out of stock, it will be no more unless the company is purchased.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Root Beer World Forum Index -> Brands All times are GMT - 4 Hours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: