The Port Drive-In Family Restaurant
419 N Calumet
Since 1953, The Port Drive-In Family Restaurant has been serving hot dogs and frosty mugs of creamy, old-fashioned root beer. Originally called Studman's, it was purchased in 1957 by Elsie & Virgil Gassoway, renamed the Snack Shack, and then renamed to its current name, The Port. In 1978, the current owners, Terry & Beth Gassoway, purchased the business from Terry's parents after managing it for them for several years.